Qustodio app is considered to be one of the most popular free tools for parental controls on the Internet for a reason. You can find apps with more enhanced set of tools or more user-friendly apps, however, due to the informative logs, cross-platform availability and remote managing functions Qustodio is worth attention.
In this review we will tell you about pros and cons of using this parental control app.
Features of the app
- Block adult content with help of real-time Internet filter
- Social media activity measurement – get essential information about how much time is spent on social media website
- Schedule the time of usage of the Internet
- Schedule time of usage of apps and games
- Check calls and messages
- Track GPS location of the target device
- Panic Button –kid can call for help with its help
On the one hand, the app proposes full-fledged free version. On the other, the company proposes two premium plans.
- Free version fits for 1 user and monitors 1 device
- Premium 5 version costs $44.95 per year and works with 5 users and 5 devices
- Premium 10 costs $79.95 per year and works with 10 users and 10 devices
The app is available for Android, Windows and iOS devices including Mac. It is not necessary to jailbreak the target device. The work of the application is visible for children, so it cannot be viewed as a spyware.
Among the disadvantages of the app is that there is no Geofencing and blocking of the websites is not as easy and workable as in many other free parental control apps. Though thanks to the availability on all the most popular platforms and effective time managing make this app a must for parents.
It is a definite must-have to parents who struggle with children for the time spend without constant watching the screen. I always use it to turn off my son’s iPhone on weekends.
Lack of Geofencing slightly spoils my attitude to the app. It makes some useful things and tracks the location of a child, however, to make sure that my son is at the place where he supposed to be, I have to keep track of his movements constantly.